So, what is Book Bloggers International exactly anyway?
Well, here's the idea:
There are SO, so, so many book bloggers all over the world and it is impossible for each of us to find each other via links on other people's blogs and social networking sites alone. We thought it would be a practical and fun idea to create a blog specifically for the purpose of introducing ourselves to one another and finding new book blogs to love and book blogging buddies to love, too!
Here's how we imagine this to work:
- Each day BBI will feature a book blogger.
- You will have a sort of guest post where you will talk about your blog.
- Things to include: how long you've been blogging, where you're blogging from, how you got started blogging, how you picked your blog name, genres you review, fun features on your blog, and what makes your blog different from the blog next door.
- You can include links to all of your social networking sites, too: Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Goodreads, Shelfari, YouTube, etc. (Please do not take this opportunity to promote your business or try to sell something to bloggers, not that I think you would, but I'm just putting it out there.)
- You will get the opportunity to meet a new book blogger every day. You can explore new blogs, make new friends, and discover new books.
- Your best bet will be to follow this blog so you don't miss any of the profiles.
All blog posts will be tagged with related keywords:
Example, Lost in Books might be tagged as U.S. Blogs, Literary Fiction, Historical Fiction, World Cultures, Nonfiction, Memoirs. You get the point. That way you can look up blogs by tags/labels to find ones that fit your interests the most. Of course, I will always be a proponent of exploring so be sure to check out some blogs that you wouldn't necessarily pick to look at right away, but that you might end up loving just the same!
It will, of course, take a while for us to gather up a good database and if you ever think your blog needs a label added or a label seems not appropriate for your blog, don't hesitate to let us know and we will change it for you. This is a blog for all of us- the whole book blogging community.
If you want to participate by writing a guest post about your book blog and blogging life, then please e-mail us with the subject heading of "BBI: Guest Post".
~Becca, Caro, Tasha, and Tif