For the month of May, Carolina is cooking up a great lineup of Canadian Book Bloggers to grace our site with features and guest posts. I can't wait to see everything she comes up with. However, I am here today to talk with you about June. Why? Because we are going to be hosting book blogger interviews all June long.
But we're not the ones asking the questions. YOU are.
How fun does that sound, right?
Here are the deets:
1. Sign-up on the Google Form below to be a participant.
2. We will match you up with a blogger interview partner. We want to match you up with someone you hopefully aren't close friends with - someone you can really get to know and help the community get to know, too!
3. You and your interview partner will get to ask each other questions and get to know each other in a conversational manner. Instead of us providing you with form questions, we are letting you ask the questions. You can be as vague or as specific with your chat as you want to get. How fun will it be when you can ask follow-up questions when they say something like, "I collect books I can buy for a quarter" or "Jane Austen made me hate historical fiction" or "I'm pretty sure I'm a Slytherin even though everyone thinks I'd be a Hufflepuff". Or maybe you decide to ask complicated questions but only give one-word answers. You see my point. FUN. The conversation doesn't have to be long, but if you feel like rambling, we're not putting the brakes on you! Enjoy yourselves!
4. So, how are you going to have these conversational interviews when you live across the country or across the Atlantic from one another? You can chat via e-mail, Google hangouts, Twitter, Facebook messaging. Feel free to get creative if you want to video record your convo or make a podcast of it, you rock that out.
4. E-mail me (Becca) at firstname.lastname@example.org with the "transcript" of your conversation interview. Whether it is a video, audio, or text, we need the details!
5. I will post up your interviews and schedule them. As we always do, I will link back to your blogs and include photos (or blog avatar) so the audience can put a picture with what they are reading (or hearing).
We will only be having sign-ups through Saturday, May 9th.
I will e-mail you with your interview partner info by Tuesday, May 12th.
You will need to get in touch with each other, make your plans on what kind of interview you want to do, get to know each other to your heart's content, and then e-mail us at email@example.com by Friday, May 29th.
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU THINK YOU MIGHT BE TOO BUSY TO FOLLOW THROUGH. IT WILL NOT BE FAIR TO YOUR JUNTERVIEW PARTNER. If something unexpected comes up, we get it, it happens! Just plan ahead and make sure to schedule enough time to hang out with your bloggy partner. He/she will be doing the same for you.
I hope you guys are as excited to participate in this as I am to host you! I think it will be tons of fun! I can't wait to hear from you!