Let's take a quick look at the specific steps you need to take to make this happen. Please Note: This is for Blogger only.
How to Back-up Your Content
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Other.
- Click on Export Blog.
- You will receive a notice, explaining what Export Blog means. Select Download Blog.
Your content is now on your hard drive! However, this just includes the content, not your actual template and design. Let's now look at how to back-up that material as well.
How to Back-up Your Template
Your template is now saved as well! If you were to lose your blog for one reason or another, you can now sleep at night knowing that your work is saved! BUT, before we sign off, let's also take a look at scheduling those reminders in your Google Calendar.
How to Schedule Reminders on Google Calendar
- Select Create in your Google Calendar.
- Name your Event. I simply call it Back-up Blog!
- Check All day event.
- Check Repeat. This will bring up another box with additional information.
- Repeat Monthly. Repeat every 1 Month. Repeat day of the month. Starts on (choose date). I select the first of every month. Ends Never (unless you choose otherwise). Click Done.
- Set your Reminder. I personally select an Email reminder 1 day in advance.
Special Note: I create a special calendar devoted strictly to my blogging tasks in order to keep them separate from my personal and family events.
Voila! You are set! Now, go back-up your blog!
Do you back-up your blog on a regular basis? What other blog tasks do you set regular reminders for?