Please welcome Tanya, who blogs at Mom's Small Victories. Tanya's blog is known for a mixture of book reviews and recipe reviews. She's also super nice and fun to talk to. :)
1. NAME OF MY BOOK BLOG(S): Mom's Small Victories
2. I HAVE BEEN BLOGGING SINCE: 2011 on my old blog, 2012 on this blog
3. GENRES COVERED MOST ON MY BLOG: Contemporary Fiction, Classics, World Fiction, Historical Fiction but I read a wide variety of fiction and non-fiction.
4. MY EARLIEST MEMORY OF READING: I don't really have one from childhood. I became an avid reader as an adult. I read the book Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda and was so enthralled and moved by it, that I wanted to find more books I enjoyed as much as that one. That sparked my obsession with books over the past couple of years.
5. FIRST BOOK I READ OVER AND OVER: I don't typically read books more than once, there are too many great books I haven't read even once yet!
6. THE BOOK I HAVE RE-READ THE MOST TIMES: If I did re-read book, I would totally re-read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey and Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain.
7. MY FAVORITE PLACE TO READ: Tucked in my comfy bed.
8. MY MUST-HAVE READING ACCESSORIES: My Kindle.
9. MY BOOKSHELVES ARE: The one in my room is full of books I need to read and we won't even start on the Kindle books that I don't even realize I have. I am obsessed with collecting books!
10. MY TBR LIST/PILE IS: way too long, I'm a sucker and can't say no to good books.
11. A BOOK THAT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE IN SOME WAY: I wrote a whole post about that during Armchair BEA, the books that earned my Thanks for Changing my Life Awards. On the top, The Book Thief. I was captivated by Death, the narrator, and it made me question what Death really might be like.
12. A BOOK I LIKE THAT NO ONE ELSE SEEMS TO: I don't really have one.
13. A BOOK I DON’T LIKE THAT EVERYONE ELSE SEEMS TO LOVE: Twilight. I know don't shoot me. I just felt it moved too slowly with unnecessary long....dramatic...pauses. I watched the movie but couldn't get through the first book.
14. A BOOK THAT INTIMIDATES ME: Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett even though it's on my Classics Club list.
15. IF I COULD GO TO ANY LITERARY DESTINATION I WOULD CHOOSE: A previous blogger had mentioned but I totally would choose it too...Hogwarts!
16. MY FAVORITE NON-BOOKISH ACTIVITY: cooking, watching movies, going to the park or pool with my kids
17. MY FAVORITE BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATION: I usually don't both read the book and watch a movie, I feel like it detracts from my enjoyment of either the book or the movie when it doesn't live up to my expectations. The only one I have read the book and watched the movie was The Hunger Games and I didn't care for the movie.
18. MY BOOK BLOG STANDS OUT FROM THE CROWD BECAUSE: For now, I focus on what I want to read and completing challenges. I am an avid library reader so the books I review are often free and easily accessible. I also cover other topics on my blog including reviewing recipes my family enjoys and positive ways to deal with my chronic illness.
19. MY MUST-READ BLOGS: For books: Love at First Book (www.loveatfirstbook.com), The Relentless Reader (www.therelentlessreader.
blogspot.com), and The Book Wheel (www.thebookwheelblog.com)
20. MY READING PERSONALITY (http://www.bookbrowse.com/
quiz/) IS: well cool..but I could've told you I am very "eclectic" when it comes to what I read/enjoy.
Thanks so much for joining us today, Tanya!
Remember to check out Tanya's blog, Mom's Small Victories, and leave a comment or question for her below!