Please welcome John, who blogs at Book Mine Set. John's blog is know for Canadian literature!
1. NAME OF MY BOOK BLOG(S): The Book Mine Set
2. I HAVE BEEN BLOGGING SINCE: Dec 2005
3. GENRES COVERED MOST ON MY BLOG: I cover every genre close to equally I would say, but I tend to read mostly Canadian books.
4. MY EARLIEST MEMORY OF READING: A local grocery store offered a weekly edition of the Charlie Brown's 'Cylopedias. Peanuts comics and science and social studies facts. What wasn't to love? I couldn't wait for the next week to come. I think they might still be somewhere in my parents' house.
5. FIRST BOOK I READ OVER AND OVER: Charlotte's Web
6. THE BOOK I HAVE RE-READ THE MOST TIMES: Bunnicula (as a child, parent and teacher)
7. MY FAVORITE PLACE TO READ: It changes, but right now is my recliner in front of the book shelf (before anyone else wakes up).
8. MY MUST-HAVE READING ACCESSORIES: Does a Kobo count as an accessory? It's a must have for traveling and for reading on the elliptical. Otherwise I just read real books, no accessories.
9. MY BOOKSHELVES ARE: Colour coded. Almost enough to make me want to stay in this home forever. The one physical thing I own that would be hardest to give up.
10. MY TBR LIST/PILE IS: Impossible to finish in this lifetime. For every book crossed off, I can easily fill it with 2 more.
11. A BOOK THAT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE IN SOME WAY: The Very Hungry Caterpillar turned me on to reading in the first place. Stephen King's Christine introduced me more mature reading in grade 7.
12. A BOOK I LIKE THAT NO ONE ELSE SEEMS TO: Tough question. I enjoyed David Bergen's The Age of Hope recently. I'm sure many others have as well, but when it competed in CBC Radio's Canada Reads contest earlier this year, I seemed to be the odd man out amongst the shows fans in defending that title.
13. A BOOK I DON’T LIKE THAT EVERYONE ELSE SEEMS TO LOVE: Ami McKay's The Birth House. (Though I could list many others. This is a much easier question than the one before.)
14. A BOOK THAT INTIMIDATES ME: Canterbury Tales.
15. IF I COULD GO TO ANY LITERARY DESTINATION I WOULD CHOOSE: Russia. I went through a russian lit phase and it's intrigued me ever since. Though most of it was quite dated titles and I'm sure Russia today looks nothing like it was described in those books. Still, what a legacy!
16. MY FAVORITE NON-BOOKISH ACTIVITY: Bike riding.
17. MY FAVORITE BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATION: Lord of the Rings. Wasn't a huge fan of the books, but what I didn't like Peter Jackson removed!
18. MY BOOK BLOG STANDS OUT FROM THE CROWD BECAUSE: It's somewhat Canadian obsessed. Very eclectic tastes.
19. MY MUST-READ BLOGS (PLEASE LIMIT TO 3): Chrisbookarama The Eye of Loni's Storm An Adventure in Reading
20. MY READING PERSONALITY (http://www.bookbrowse.com/
quiz/) IS: Eclectic Reader! (Which is hilariously accurate— I answered question #18 before doing the quiz.
Thank you for joining us today, John! Remember to check out John's blog and leave a comment or question.